When does the walk start?
- The walk starts at 10 am We would prefer everyone start at 10 am. However, the Trail will be staffed until noon and you may walk at anytime. .
Do I need to walk the entire distance?
- No, the complete walk is approximately 2 miles round trip but you can turn around any time.
What if it rains?
- We will have the event rain or shine.
How is the money I raise used?
- One hundred percent of the money goes to the Headwaters Animal Shelter caring for 400 - 500 animals each year.
Can I register on line?
Where can I register and pick up pledge forms?
You can register at the following locations:
- Headwaters Animal Shelter……...901 Western Ave S. Park Rapids
- Angie’s Groom 'n Board………...1109 Western Ave S. Park Rapids
- Ark Animal Hospital.....................19626 County 4 Park Rapids
- Dogs Paw .....................................11393 Hwy 34 Park Rapids
Can I register the day of the walk?
- You can register up to and on the day of the event. If you register after May 31st your prizes will not be guaranteed the day of the event. We will call you when your prize is available.
When do I turn my pledge money in?
- On the day of the walk. Turn your pledge money in at the registration area when you check in.
What do I do with pledges if I do not attend the walk or have late pledges?
- You can either mail a check to the Headwaters Animal Shelter, Attn: Tails On The Trail, Box 573. Or you can deliver the pledge money to the Headwaters Animal Shelter 901 Western Ave Park Rapids, MN. (Hours Monday Saturday, 11-5:00 p.m.)
- June 18th is the deadline date for all pledges to be turned in.
How do pledges work for the walk? Do I get so much per mile?
- No, pledges are based on walking whatever distance you feel comfortable with.
What do I bring with me to the walk?
- Your pledge forms, your pledge money & your dog if you wish.
What about kids? Can I drop my child off to do the walk with our dog?
- No. An adult must accompany children under the age of 16. Children 16 years of age and older can attend the walk alone but must have parent/guardian signature on their pledge form. (Parent /Guardian Signature required if walker is under 18)
Can I attend the walk if I don’t bring my dog?
- Yes, you can attend the walk. Remember you can honor your pet by wearing a photo of him/her during the walk.
Do I have to raise money to attend the walk?
- The walk is a fundraiser for the Headwaters Animal Shelter. We ask that you do raise money or make a personal donation.
I’m a cat lover. What about me?
- You can collect pledges in honor of your cat for our Catnapathon. You can wear a photo of your cat and join us on the trail….. Or partake in the catnap and when you send in your pledges we'll send back your prizes.
What do I need for my dog?
- Current ID and rabies tag. Leash
Who do I contact for questions?
- Registration/Prizes: Mary Aho 218-538-6704
- Sponsorship Questions: Debbie Center 218-652-4601
- Vendor Questions: Angie Walther 218-252-9862