- The primary purpose of the Dog Walk is to raise money for ongoing support of the Headwaters Animal Shelter and its programs.
- This is also a day to celebrate the companionship our pets give us and promote the importance of saving the lives of shelter pets.
- Since the city, state or government does not fund the Headwaters Animal Shelter, every penny really counts! The Animal shelter relies on events such as these to help continue our mission to help the animals of our community.
The Animal Shelter cares for 400-500 animals annually.
In addition to raising financial support for our shelter we believe the Tails On The Trail event will:
- Raise awareness of the Headwaters Animal Shelter's mission in the community.
- Promote walking your dog as a healthy physical activity for your family and pet.
- Promote our local parks and trails as resources for family recreation.
- Promote community activism by collaborating with local groups.
- Promote humane treatment of animals.
- Enhance our pet recovery mission by offering low cost microchip services the day of the event.